Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hello and My Summer Reading List

What better way to start fresh on my blog than with my summer reading list. A kitchen reno, a lot of turmoil for my family, and anything-but-beachy weather has made it hard to find the time to relax with a book, but the Amazon order has been placed and the books are coming, ready or not. My summer time reading preferences are always light and I could certainly use a break from the heavy and dramatic given the past few months around here. Most of what I’ve chosen is dreamy, funny, and perfect for the beach, if I can find enough time and sun. They’re not all new, but they’re new to me ;)


My Not So Perfect Life: A Novel by Sophie Kinsella - I mean, come on! It’s Sophie Kinsella. ‘Nuff said.


My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme  - What can I say – I’ve watched Julie and Julia too many times when unable to sleep these past few weeks so I’ve got Julia Child on the mind. With my WIP being set in France, I consider this research which means I must read it.



Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage by Heidi Swain – As a writer and one who has been struggling to finish my first full-length novel, I can’t help but be in awe of and want to support a writer who has been so forthcoming and candid with her experience to a published author in the same genre and one who has been soooooo supportive of other authors and authors-in-the-making.  Did I mention her talent? Readers and writers should mosey on over to her blog.



Hungry Heart: Adventures in Life, Love, and Writing by Jennifer Weiner – Warning: More nauseating fangirling coming at you. It’s about Jennifer Weiner and written by Jennifer Weiner. It’s 
Jennifer-freaking-Weiner! How could I not read about the woman who had me at “Good in Bed”. I love her *said sappily as I dab the corners of my big, weepy, shit-brown, puppy dog eyes*



My Summer of Magic Moments by Caroline Roberts – Looks like a dreamy summer read that’s perfect for a gal whose desperate to get away and unwind but just can’t. I will live vicariously through Claire, the main character, at least for the days it takes me to read the book.


Will post a review of each of these as I get through them, which will hopefully be from a beach whilst sipping a glamorous cocktail and by glamorous cocktail I really mean beer cleverly disguised as coffee so as to not get arrested. Also, you can check out pics of my beaching, books, and other happenings in my life on my Instagram or Twitter accounts... if anyone is still actually visiting this horrendously neglected blog of mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment